Call for Speakers
SLC 2019’s Call for Speakers is now CLOSED.
The team will be reviewing submissions over the next month.
You will be notified via email about your submission status.
Thank you again for your interest in speaking at SLC.
EHS Today’s Safety Leadership Conference provides a unique forum for current and future safety leaders. Attendees of the Safety Leadership Conference will learn how to integrate safety compliance into the culture of their business. We are looking for speakers who will help guide attendees on:
- How to implement safety best practices in your workplace
- Real-world cases of how to implement transformational safety leadership within their companies
- Awareness and current requirements for OSHA compliance
- Current advances for plant floor safety technology
- Key metrics and elements to achieving world-class safety construction safety program
- *New for 2019 – Highlighting Women in Safety. We especially encourage female leaders in safety to submit sessions that cover the areas bulleted above
- And more…
We are proud of the level of powerful education we provide each year. SLC is intimate, and personal interaction sets it apart from other events. Each year it features safety tours, workshops, keynote presentations, breakout sessions, networking events/receptions, and table top displays from sponsoring companies.
We encourage proposals from speakers with practical experience in developing, implementing, and overseeing safety implementations that make a difference in their organizations.
Although we welcome submissions from consultants or vendors, such proposals will be considered only if co-presenting with a manufacturer client. Co-presenters must be identified at time of submission in order to be considered.
To see the 2018 program, click here.
Topic Areas for Submission:
We are accepting proposals for the following tracks/topical areas:
Safety & Risk Management
In this track, EHS and risk management professionals offer their insights about safety leadership and establishing a safety culture, whether it be at a single facility level or throughout an entire corporation. Winners of the America's Safest Companies awards are featured, along with safety professionals from other leading companies and organizations who share lessons learned and best practices in risk management and safety leadership.
The various governmental regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, MSHA, etc.) have a significant impact on companies related to their compliance with an ever-evolving assortment of EHS standards. Speakers in this track offer their insights into what safety leaders need to know to ensure their organizations remain in compliance with the latest rules and regulations.
This track focuses on the demanding task of managing construction site safety. EHS professionals from construction companies as well as industry professionals who have helped fine-tune the safety culture at small, medium and large construction firms share their tips for improving construction site safety, from increasing employee engagement, to using technology to help manage safety and developing programs for aspects of construction such as fall protection and PPE.
Learn how the latest in safety technology can be integrated into the workplace to reduce injuries and illnesses. From identifying and tracking leading indicators via software, sensors and IoT, to the latest digital training and predictive analytics tools, to the futuristic world of robots and autonomous vehicles, this track offers a look at the future of safe work.
To Receive Preference in the Review Process, a Proposal Should:
- Involve a real-world implementation
- Engage the audience in a highly creative or interactive way
- Be applicable to a broad range of industries
- Provide practical takeaways attendees can either implement immediately or that drive robust discussions about new ways to improve safety and overall operations
- Avoid any hint of self-promotion. The sessions are designed to be informational in nature
Benefits of Speaking:
- Each presenter will receive one complimentary full-conference pass
- Your name will be published on conference promotional material, website and in attendee program
- As a speaker you are recognized as a leader in your field and to the Safety Leadership Conference and EHS Today communities
- Your company will receive a discounted conference pass rate
How to Submit:
Please click on the button below to begin the submission process. Submissions will be evaluated by EHS Today’s editorial staff and chosen based on the topic relevancy and related speaker experience.
Submit a Proposal
Speaker Terms & Conditions
Due by: March 15, 2019
Further questions? Like to discuss potential topics?
Dave Blanchard, chief editor email@example.com Tel: (216) 931-9794
Stefanie Valentic, associate editor firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (216) 931-9222